Our Commitment to Inclusion
Eco-Alianza believes that everyone living in or visiting Loreto must be part of the solution. Accordingly, a commitment will be made to make all literature and outreach bilingual in both English and Spanish to respect the cultural and language differences of its diverse constituency. Eco-Alianza has a Board of Directors that is actively representing all facets of the Loreto community including Loreto natives, second home buyers, retirees and out of town visitors with a commitment to Loreto.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:
Outreach and Education:
- Promote international collaboration between non-profit organizations committed to protecting and preserving fragile eco-systems in the Bahía de Loreto.
- Increase public awareness of the importance and value of living eco-systems (coastal, terrestrial and marine) and groundwater resources in the Bahía de Loreto.
- Promote the enforcement of the environmental laws of the Municipality of Loreto.
- Increase scientific understanding and knowledge of coastal, marine and terrestrial ecosystems in the Bahía de Loreto region through expanded research collaboration with academic institutions and non-profit organizations working in Mexico and internationally.
• Support water quality monitoring in the Bahía de Loreto as part of the LORETO COASTKEEPER®.
• Support urban planning.
• Support historical preservation.
- Strengthen grassroots community-based efforts to protect coastal, marine and terrestrial eco-systems.
- Monitor enforcement programs.
- Design, develop and assist to implement strategies for the expansion of marine protected status for priority conservation areas adjacent to the Bay of Loreto National Park.